If you’re running into difficulties viewing or playing Adobe Flash video content on websites, follow the steps in this article.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Turn Off Acceleration
Acceleration is something that helps your computer perform some functions efficiently. Although it is very helpful to get rid of performance issues, it may result in Adobe Flash Player crashes.
- Visit the Adobe Flash Video Playback Issues page.
- Scroll down until you see the Flash Logo.
- Right-click the Flash logo, select Settings.
- Click the Display tab.
- Uncheck the Enable hardware acceleration box.
- Click Close.
- Exit and re-open your browser.
Reinstall Flash Player
Repair issues with the corrupt Registry entries and missing program files. Perform an in-place reinstallation to get rid of flaky installation.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Click the Adobe Flash Player program entry.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Delete Cache Contents
Apart from the components packed with Adobe Flash Player, cache plays a critical role. The goal is to remove and refresh the cache contents.
- Click File Explorer.
- Show the hidden files and objects from the View tab on top.
- Type the following in the Address Bar window:
- Open the following directory:
- ..\Adobe\Flash Player\
- Delete all the contents of the AssetCache and NativeCache subfolders.
Reregister GCSWF32.dll File
Check whether the GCSWF32.dll entries exists in the system registry or not. If these Registry entries are corrupt, reregister them again.
- Type Command Prompt in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
- Right click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator.
- Execute the following commands in given sequence:
- Regsvr32 –u GCSWF32.dll
- Regsvr32 GCSWF32.dll
- Reboot your machine for the changes to take effects.
Do Not Use GPU Rendering
The GPU rendering feature enables usage of 2D rendering and other features. Adobe Flash may behave unexpectedly due to conflicts with this feature.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type inetcpl.cpl
- Click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Check-up the checkbox named Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
- Click Apply | OK.
Update your System
Upgrading your system is easy. Updates come with bug fixes to resolve internal glitches.
- Click Start | Settings.
- Click Update & Security | Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates.