Duplicates can bring you a great inconvenience while searching for Word documents that you really need. Duplicate Word files, typically regarded as digital junk, not only waste precious disk space but also lead to disorganization of user’s library and slow down the PC. There are numerous way to get rid of cluttered, unorganized docs and free-up the hard disk.
Clone Files Checker is a handy tool designed to find and delete all sorts of duplicate files – documents, music, videos and archives – in a hassle-less manner. It puts utmost efforts to find identical copies of your Word documents using smart algorithms and powerful scan engine.
What makes Clone Files Checker a unique app?
- File Preview: Clone Files Checker supports previewing your files. Do not take an action until you preview the contents of your Word documents. This helps prevent loss of important information.
- Backup & Restore: Don’t worry even if you accidentally delete an important Word document. As default, CFC saves deleted Word files in archived file formats to not only consume lesser disk space, but also facilitate restore feature.
- Supports Internal & External Storage Drives: Clone Files Checker is a great tool equipped to find duplicate Word documents on various storage devices, such as, internal and external Hard Disks (HDD), memory cards, rewritable DVD ROM, USB sticks.
- Cloud Integration: You don’t need to download and re-upload docs stored on Google Drive website. Clone Files Checker is empowered with cloud integration feature to automate the task of signing-in to your Google Drive account and finding cloud dupes.
- One-Click Action: With a single click, choose whether to delete your files or move them into a new folder.
- Get a Noticeable Performance Improvement: Dupes eat up a lot of storage space. Free up tens of GBs of storage space occupied by various sorts of duplicate files.
1. Download Clone Files Checker and open it. Click Start, expand the Clone Files Checker folder, and then it’s program shortcut.
2. Click the Add button, and one by one add all directories/ drives that contain your Word documents. Example: C:\Users\XXX\Documents
3. Select the Custom scan mode, and check-up the Documents box.
4. Begin the scan process by clicking Start Search.
5. Your scan is being performed.. Please wait a while..
6. Your scan results are now being filtered..
7. After a long wait, you’ve a new screen with no of duplicate files and total occupied storage space information. Here in my case, it’s 10 GB with total of 36K files.
8. Click Fix Wizard (as I did) if you would like to take a quick action on all dupes. Otherwise, review each file using the Review & Fix option.
9. After clicking Fix Wizard, specify whether to retain newest or oldest file versions. I selected Newest.
10. Now it’s time to choose an action – whether to permanently delete your duplicate Word documents (of course, with a backup); or move them to a new folder. I selected Permanent Delete.
11. Make sure that the Create backup box is checked-up (Highly recommended).
12. Click Continue.
Restoring a Backup
Click the History tab, select your previous scan and then click the Restore button.