Duplicate music refers to redundant copies of your music files. Having a large collection of iTunes music can eat up a prestigious space of your hard disk, making it difficult to deal with disorganized library and find required music on time. Many people don’t realize the problem of iTunes dupes that are bogging down their machines, scattered across different partitions and folders with various file names.
You’ll be amazed to know that you can reclaim several GBs of your hard disk by deleting duplicate music files. You don’t really need to compare each and every file, nor need you worry about accidentally losing any important music file! Read on…
You may accumulate dupes while…
- Downloading music content from the Internet
- Importing songs from DVDs, CDs and USB flash drives
- iTunes synchronization process
Benefits of Deleting iTunes Duplicates
- Prevents your hard disk from getting full
- Get rid of low disk space notifications
- Eliminates music sync errors
- Preview duplicate files before taking action
- Economic! Don’t spend money on high cost cloud storage or for buying an external HDD
- Better organize your music library, prevent it from getting disorganized with junk
- Instantly find required original music file
- Reclaim lost storage space, typically several GBs!
- Minimize virus scanning time
- Lessen the time & size of your backups
1. Download Sorcim’s Clone Files Checker.
2. Install and open the downloaded application.
3. You have a list box with “Include to scan” and “Exclude from scan” tabs on left side of the screen.
4. Click the “Add” button.
5. Add following folders:
- C:\Users\User_Name\My Music\
- C:\Users\User_Name\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\
6. Add many other folders, drives containing your music files.
7. Choose “Custom” option and check-up “Music” check box under Search Options category.
8. Click “Start Scan” button to begin the task. Wait till the scan results are processed.
9. Once the scan results are accumulated, CFC will provide two choices, viz. Quick-Fix and Review & Fix.
Automatically takes an action on all duplicates without listing them for reviewing. After clicking on “Quick-Fix”, you’ll be prompted to select a file version, viz. Newest or Oldest.
Review & Fix
Generates scan results into a list box so that you can choose dupes to take action.
10. Select Action:
- Move to Recycle Bin: Sends duplicate files to Recycle Bin, in case you plan to restore some of them in future.
- Move to Folder: Moves duplicates to a single folder.
- Permanently Delete: Deletes your dupes permanently.
And the best part…
You don’t really need to worry about accidentally deleting something that you need. The powerful scan algorithms generate accurate results consisting of only duplicate files. Your files are automatically backed up before deletion.
If you, however, plan to restore any deleted dupes at a later time, simply use the Backup & Restore feature.
1. Click the History tab on the top.
2. Choose a scan under Completed Scans category.
3. All scan details including date, time, total no of duplicates, wasted memory, original files, action taken, etc, are displayed in right panel.
4. Click the “Restore” button.
5. You have Restore Selection box on your screen. Check-up all the files by clicking “Select all” button.
6. Click Restore.
7. Finally, file restoration successful message box will appear.