Dishonored 2 gives a sense of freedom while enjoying dazzlingly beautiful graphic, intimidating and challenging features. This article will help you identify and diagnose problems that result in game crashes.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Verify System Requirements
The system requirements section states unambiguous characteristics required to play Dishonored 2. Take a look at the following real-world system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5/ AMD FX
- Memory: 8 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX/ AMD Radeon HD
- Video Memory: 3 GB
- HDD Space: 60 GB
Delete Corrupted Cache Contents
Remove a large chunk of game data that serves as a temporary cache during gameplay.
1. Open the Steam client.
2. Go to the Games Library.
3. Right click the Dishonored 2 game icon, select Properties.
4. Click the Local Files tab.
5. Click Verify integrity of game cache.
Change Process Priority
Another strategy is to alter the process priority. Set higher process priority and allocate more resources.
1. Press Windows Key + X; select Task Manager.
2. Click the More details.
3. Click the Details tab.
4. Right click the game process Dishonored2.exe, select Set Priority | High.
Disable Mouse Smoothness
Some games might change mouse acceleration and smoothing settings. Adjust the in-game hardware settings to prevent Dishonored 2 crashes.
1. Double click This PC icon on your Desktop.Open the following directory:
2. Open the following directory:
- C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Dishonored2\Base
3. Right click Dishonored2config.cfg, select Open with | Notepad.
4. Click Edit, select Find.
5. Type g_mousesmooth in the Find What text box, click Find Next.
- Set g_mousesmooth= 0
6. Click File | Save.
7. Close the file.
8. Right-click the file, select Properties.
9. Check-up the box named Read-only.
10. Click OK.
Use Windowed Mode
The Windowed Mode mechanism makes the game appear in a window smaller than the device’s actual screen size. Dishonored 2 and other game developers enable gamers to switch from full screen to windowed mode, and vice versa.
1. Press Alt + ENTER simultaneously.
2. Your game will switch from full screen to the windowed mode.
Set Compatible Screen Resolution
It’s worth to review your current resolution and check if it’s compatible with the game. If not, you might want to change it.
1. Type Resolution in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open Change the Screen Resolution from the Search Results.
3. Select a compatible resolution from the drop down box.
4. Click Apply.