There could be quite a few reasons why your HP Notebook suddenly goes to a halt. Don’t be afraid to give a try. Using the right guidelines and tools, you can diagnose this problem yourself and speed up the Notebook without messing with any files.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Swap to Disk
When your HP Notebook runs low on RAM memory, you may swap to the hard disk. This feature, known as Virtual Memory, is quite useful especially when you have low RAM to work with too many CPU intensive applications that you regularly use and can’t afford to avoid.
1. Right-click This PC icon on your Desktop.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click Advanced system settings.
4. Click Settings under Performance frame of the Advanced tab.
5. Click Advanced tab in the subsequent dialog.
6. Click Change under Virtual Memory frame.
7. Uncheck the box named Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
8. Select Custom size option.
9. Specify a higher paging file size in terms of MB.
10. Click Set.
11. Click OK thrice.
12. A system reboot is crucial for saving the new changes.
Lighten your Notebook
Make your HP Notebook lighter and faster by uninstalling the programs you don’t use. You’ll be not only able to free up storage space, but also get rid of autostart entries associated with each of those programs.
1. Press Windows Key + X; select the Programs and Features.
2. It opens up the list of installed programs.
3. Right-click a program you wish to remove, select Uninstall.
4. One by one uninstall the programs you don’t use.
5. Reboot the system after successful completion. To do so, click Start, and then Power icon | Restart.
Free Up Storage Space
Your hard disk may be entirely full. Free up the remarkable amount of disk space using the Disk CleanUp tool.
1. Double click This PC icon on your Desktop.
2. Right-click your system drive, choose Properties.
3. Click General tab > Disk CleanUp.
4. Let the Disk CleanUp analyze wasted disk space.
5. Check-up all the boxes, and then click OK to perform the deletion.
CleanUp Malware & Adware
Malicious scripts and adware are often blamed for reduced system performance. They continuously run in the background, silently download new files and conduct various malicious activities to corrupt your operating system.
1. Download and install a good Antivirus software.
2. Update the virus definitions. In Kaspersky Antivirus 2016, click the Update icon in the main user interface.
3. Start a full system scan. Wait till it is performed. In Kaspersky Antivirus, click Scan, and then Run Scan.
4. After the scan is completed, delete infected files and objects.
Restrict Resource-Consuming Tasks
Something is using up your system resources. To identify and stop resource-intensive tasks, use the Resource Monitor tool in Windows.
1. Type Resource Monitor in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open Resource Monitor utility from the Search Results.
3. Click the CPU tab.
4. End unnecessary processes and services from corresponding categories in the CPU tab.
- To stop a process, expand the Processes group, right click corresponding process, select End process.
- To end a service, expand the Services category, right click corresponding Services, select Stop service option.
5. After finishing up, close the window.
That’s it, folks, I hope this tutorial boosts and improves your HP Notebook experience.