Thumbnail is a copy of actual image in greatly reduced size. It replaces default image icon with a much smaller miniature. While organizing files stored on your PC, you might notice thumbnail previews are not showing. This article will help you diagnose this problem and get back thumbnail previews in Windows 10.
One-Click Troubleshooter (Highly Recommended)
You’re just 2 steps away from fixing this problem…
Estimated download time: 10-15 Seconds
Alternative manual troubleshooting steps are given below:
Change Folder Options
Folder Options dialog contains a setting that prevents your computer from displaying thumbnails by replacing them with a default folder icon. Determine if this setting is enabled.
1. Double click Users folder on Desktop.
2. Double click Pictures.
3. This opens up your Pictures Library. Click View tab on the Ribbon interface.
4. Click Options icon.
5. In the Folder Options dialog that appears, click View tab.
6. Uncheck the box labelled “Always show icons, never thumbnails”
7. Click Apply, and then OK.
8. Restart your session, if required to do so.
Increase File Icon Size
It may be possible that the file icon size is too small to display a thumbnail. Changing the file icon size might help.
1. Open Pictures Library.
2. Click View tab on Ribbon interface.
3. Select one of these layouts: Extra large icons, Large icons.