Your computer runs slower over a period. Windows 8 boots slower, applications keep freezing, slow FPS in games and experiences other performance problems. This article discusses several techniques to speed up PC performance. It is recommended to perform these tasks at least once in a week.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Drive Optimization is nothing but disk defragmentation — a process that restructures fragmented files of your hard drive.
1. Press Windows Key + X, select Search.
2. Type “optimize.” Select “Everywhere” from the drop down box (Windows 8.1), or click Settings icon (Windows 8).
3. It opens up Search Results. Click “Defragment and Optimize your drives.”
4. You have now Drive Optimizer app opened up. Select all drives, click Optimize Drives button. It may take a few hours depending on the drive size and data stored.
Control Background Services
Stop all background services that consume higher CPU Usage.
- Press Windows Key + R. Type “services.msc” and click OK.
- It opens up a list of all services in front of your screen.
- Right-click a Non-Microsoft service, select Properties.
- Set Startup Type: Disabled. Click OK.
- Repeat the steps for other Non-Microsoft services.
Optimize System Settings for Best Performance
Customize your computer’s performance options to set the best performance settings.
1. Right-click Computer icon; select the Properties.
2. Click Advanced system settings link.
3. It opens up System Properties dialog box.
4. Click Advanced tab, and then Settings button (Performance).
5. Click Visual Effects tab. Select “Adjust for best performance.”
6. Click OK | OK.
Stop Non-Microsoft Startups
Here’s how to disable Non-Microsoft programs that slow down Windows boot process. More the programs, lower your PC speed.
1. Press Windows Key + R. Type “MSConfig” and click OK.
2. You have now System Configuration tool opened.
3. Click Startup tab.
4. Click “Open Task Manager” link.
5. It opens up Startup tab in Task Manager.
6. Disable all Non-Microsoft startups. To do so, right-click a startup item, select Disable option. Exit out of the screen.
7. Remember, you need to restart the PC for the changes to take effects.
Turn off Unwanted Windows Features
Some Windows Features are not essential. Turning off such features will improve your PC’s performance.
1. Press Windows Key + X, select Programs and Features.
2. Click “Turn Windows Features on or off” link in far left.
3. It opens up Windows Features dialog box.
4. Uncheck Windows features that you want to remove, click OK.
Update Device Drivers
Download new updates for your device drivers.
1. Press Windows Key + X, select Device Manager.
2. Expand top node, i.e. computer name.
3. Update your Graphics Card, Sound Card and other devices. Remember, to update a device right click it and select “Update driver software.”