An application fails to load with the following error:
Change Registry Configurations
Here are the changes you have to make in the Registry:
1. Press Windows Key + X; select Run.
2. Type “MSCONFIG” and click OK.
3. Click the Boot tab in System Configuration dialog.
4. Check-up the “Safe boot” box.
5. Click Apply, and then OK.
6. Restart when you’re prompted to do so.
7. Your computer will now restart in the safe mode. Type “RegEdit” in the Search Box, and open it.
8. Locate the following sub key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet001 | Services | intelpmm
9. In the right panel, double click “Start” string and replace its value to “4” (without quotes).
10. Click OK.
11. Reverse the System Configuration settings; restart the computer in Normal Mode.
Perform Memory Diagnostic
Troubleshoot problems with the computer memory. The process might take long time to finish scanning memory errors. Once the memory diagnostic process is finished, your computer will be restarted automatically.
1. Type “Memory Diagnostic” in the Search Box.
2. Open “Windows Memory Diagnostic” from the Search Results.
3. Click the option named “Restart now and check for memory problems”.
4. Your computer will restart and conduct several memory tests.