The use of online streaming services is rapidly increasing with the availability of more High Definition (HD) quality content in various regional languages at affordable prices. If you’re habitual of listening music and watching movies online, you must have encountered slow streaming issue. The stuttering and slowness with online content, a major drawback for most home users, is caused by a variety of reasons. We’re here to guide you to optimize your Internet speed and improve overall streaming experience.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Disable Bandwidth-Hogging Extensions
A Browser Extension facilitates integration to a third party service throughout your browser. Example: Search toolbars, Webpages to PDF converter, Files download manager, Quick Prints.
An ideal solution will be to determine whether any browser extensions are hogging your Internet connection speed. Disable all network consuming extensions to significantly increase the YouTube video loading speed.
1. Click the Menu icon on upper left.
2. Select Extensions.
3. Select Manage Extensions.
4. You’d be able to see list of all extensions in a new tab.
5. Disable all unwanted extensions. (Use Disable button)
1. Press Alt key of your keyboard to show the hidden menu bar.
2. Click Tools, and then Add-Ons.
3. In the new tab that opens, check the contents of Extensions and Plugins tabs.
4. To disable an extension, click the Disable button.
5. To disable a plugin, select Never activate option from the drop down box.
1. Click Menu icon.
2. Select More Tools | Extensions.
3. Uncheck the Enabled check box for all those extensions you intend to disable.
1. Press Alt key.
2. Click Tools, and then Manage Add-Ons.
3. You’d be able to see list of all add-ons.
4. Disable unwanted add-ons one by one using the Disable button.
Your computer caches IP addresses and DNS results in an attempt to faster requests to hostnames. DNS misconfiguration can cause problem communicating with the host and slow down online streaming.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Execute below commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
4. Restart your system.
Enable Hardware Acceleration
The Hardware Acceleration feature accelerates page rendering and converts video codes into ordinary language. This helps improving online streaming performance and 3D animations.
1. Open Shockwave Flash Test Page.
2. Right click the video element, choose Settings.
3. In the small window, check-up the box labeled Enable hardware acceleration.
4. Click Close.
Decrease Video Quality
Video stuttering, buffering issues may persist when you choose high video quality on a slow speed Internet connection.