The error indicates your Microsoft Licensing Store files are corrupted or overwritten. Here are the steps to get back original files and fix Windows 10 error 0xc004f012.
One-Click Troubleshooter (Highly Recommended)
You’re just 2 steps away from fixing this problem…
Estimated download time: 10-15 Seconds
Alternative manual troubleshooting steps are given below:
Fix Software Protection Service
First of all, stop the Software Protection Service and then rename a corrupted data file named Tokens.dat. You cannot rename it while the service is already running.
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator. Press Windows Key + X; choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Execute below commands in given sequence:
- net stop sppsvc
- cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
- cd %windir%\System32
- net start sppsvc
3. If you’re prompted to type your Product Key, enter your 25 characters Product Key printed on the installation media package.
4. Restart your computer when you’re done.
Clean Up Temporary Locations
Verify the temporary locations of your hard disk for corruption. Clean up the temp contents to resolve your issue. Open up Disk CleanUp utility by right clicking a drive in File Explorer, selecting Properties; and then clicking Disk CleanUp button in Drive Properties dialog. Analyze and clean all temporary folders.
Safe Mode your PC
Disable all startup progrms and services, load your PC into Safe Mode with Networking option. If you’re using an operating system versions other than Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8, simply restart and press F8 key repeatedly before the boor process starts. For Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8, all you’ve to do is open System Configuration utility with MSCONFIG command in Run dialog, tick “Safe boot” checkbox under Boot tab, and then save the changes and reboot.