Despite horribly intimidating name Blue Screen of Death with System Service Exception error doesn’t mean it’s the end of your computer yet. The said error indicates an exception occurred while processing privileged and non-privileged codes.
Uninstall Update KB2778344
Some users reported System Service Exception error followed by Windows Update KB2778344 installation. This is a security update that causes conflicts with the functioning of your computer.
1. Press Windows Key + X; select Control Panel.
2. In the Search box on top right corner of the window, type Updates
3. You’ll see Programs and Features in the Search Results. Click a link called View installed updates.
4. You’ll see all updates listed on your screen. Type 2778344 in the Search box.
5. Right click Windows Update KB2778344 from the Search Results and choose Uninstall option.
Restore Default BIOS Configs
An incorrect BIOS setting might cause this issue. Go to the BIOS Setup and set all factory defaults and restart system.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Press F2 or Delete key repeatedly until the BIOS Setup screen appears on your screen.
3. Go to the Exit menu, select Restore default settings option using keyboard arrow keys.
4. Press ENTER.
5. Now select Save changes and exit option from the same menu.
Restore System Settings
Use the System Restore to revert your computer’s state to an earlier restore point. Select a restore point prior to System Service Exception error episodes.
1. Type Restore in the Search Box.
2. Open Create a restore point from the Search Results.
3. Click the System Restore button under System Properties dialog > System Protection tab.
4. Click the Next button in the welcome page.
5. Choose a restore point, viz. system generated or user-created.
6. Click Next, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Use Diagnostic Startup
This option loads only basic devices and services in order to prevent conflict with Non-Microsoft applications and services.
1. Press Windows Key to show the Start Screen.
2. Type MSConfig in the Search box, and open it from the Search Results.
3. Click the General tab in newly opened System Configuration dialog.
4. Choose Diagnostic startup option, and then click Apply | OK.