VLC, an acronym of VideoLan Client, is a cross-platform media player and a strong alternative to Microsoft’s default Windows Media Player. VLC, which supports variety of operating systems including Windows, Windows Phone, Android, OSX, Linux and available in over 48 world languages, was first introduced in late 1996, as part of an academic project.
Get the Task Done with Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell is an amazing tool, which typically casual users are unaware of. It is a new scripting language with powerful commands aimed to get more out of Windows.
Back to the topic, you can rename multiple file extensions using appropriate scripting commands. The command-lines given herein will rename MP4 file extensions to MP3 in whichever directory you specify.
1. Exit VLC Media Player. The file renaming process with fail if the files are in use.
2. Click the Start icon on the Taskbar.
3. Click All Apps. (Requires only if you have an outdated version of Windows 10)
4. Click Windows PowerShell sub folder.
5. Click Windows PowerShell program shortcut.
6. Type the following commands one by one as exactly given below:
That’s it, folks. Your VLC media files are now renamed!
Aren’t you a Computer Geek? Here’s How to Get the Task Done with a Single Click!!
If you are not a computer geek, you will find above command-lines too complicated and difficult to execute in prescribed manner. Why spend time writing commands when you can get the task done with a single click?
Rename bulk files without squeezing out your brain cells. Use a handy tool with an awesome user interface and no commands at all! Strap yourself in and get ready to experience the joy of easy, safe and quick file renaming with Sorcim’s Easy File Renamer. Most importantly, you can do much more than just renaming file extensions.
Here are some awesome features just to mention a few:
- Supports Cloud Integration: Now rename VLC Media files stored on various Internet-based cloud storage platforms, such as, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox.
- Flexibility: Experience huge array of renaming process customisation options.
- Get Delighted with Powerful Features: You may insert date-time stamps, replace text from file names, change the text case (CAPITALIZE each letter or set it to lower or Sentence case), insert artist/ author name, and not to mention, add numbering to your file names.
- Supports Renaming Major File Formats: Get ready to behold the joy of renaming major file formats such as MP3, MP4, AVI, 3GP, WMA and many mores.