Action-adventure game Watch Dogs 2 gained a massive response from gaming community across the globe. Unfortunately, it failed to live up to the expectations of the users due to massive crashes. Although Ubisoft, the game developer, is actively working to get the issue fixed, there are things you may try out.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Verify System Requirements
Make sure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements specified in the ReadMe documentation.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad/ AMD Phenom II
- Memory: 6 GB
- Video Memory: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 25 GB
- Software: Microsoft DirectX
- Other: Shader 5 support
Play in Offline Mode
There may be problems storing game configurations on the cloud. Try playing it in the offline mode, a feature that saves all data on your local hard disk.
1. Double click Watch Dogs 2 shortcut on your Desktop.
2. Go to the main screen.
3. Select UPlay | Options.
4. Select the option named Go Offline.
Rename the Game Profile File
A game profile is a set of data used to determine last saved game configurations. For example, when you set Watch Dogs 2 to run in full screen, it saves this data into your game profile file and loads upon next launch.
1. Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
2. Click the View tab on Ribbon.
3. Check up the box labeled Filename extensions.
4. Click the Documents folder on the left side panel.
5. Open the following location:
- ..\My Games\Watch_Dogs\Your_ID\
6. Rename the file named GamerProfile.xml as GamerProfile.xml.old
Delete Saved Game Data
In-game data includes user achievements and level information. Check if there are problems associated with your saved game data.
1. Click File Explorer.
2. Open the following directory:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\UbiSoft\UbiSoft Game Launcher\SaveGames\Your_ID\274
3. Delete the saved game data.
Activate Super Sampling Feature
Some users reported their problem resolved after enabling a feature called Super Sampling, found in the game profile file.
1. Refer Step # 1 and Steps # 4-5 in the Rename Game Profile File section.
2. Right click the GamerProfile.xml file, select Open with | Notepad.
3. Click the Edit menu, select Find.
4. In the Find what text box, type SuperSampling
5. Click Find Next.
6. Set the following argument:
7. Click File | Save.
Change Mouse Sensitivity Settings
Reset the default mouse sensitivity settings, in case they were previously changed during gameplay.
1. Open the GamerProfile.xml file.
2. Set the following configurations:
3. Click File | Save, and then exit.
Disable Page File Check
Paging File deals with administration and usage of your computer memory. Try disabling it by adding the following argument in shortcut properties.
1. Right click Watch Dogs 2 shortcut on your Desktop.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click the Shortcut tab.
4. In the Target textbox, add the following value at the end:
- ” -disablepagefilecheck”
5. Click Apply, and then OK.
Set Borderless Windowed Mode
Shift the graphics output to a borderless rectangular instead of full-screen width and height window.
1. Open the game and go to the Options page.
2. Open the Display tab.
3. Set Borderless Windowed Mode, and then back to the main screen.
4. Exit and re-open the game.
Exclude Game File from Antivirus Protection
Antivirus conflict prevents some game components from working correctly. Temporarily disable your Antivirus or exclude game files as shown below:
1. Open Kaspersky Internet Security.
2. Click Settings | Additional | Threats and Exclusions.
3. Click Manage Exclusions.
4. Click Add.
5. Click Browse, locate the following Executable File:
- C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common\Watch_Dogs\Bin\Watch_Dogs.exe
6. Check-up all items in the Protection Components category.
7. Specify a comment, and click Add.
8. Close the dialog.