Microsoft’s second largest update for Windows 10, dubbed as the Anniversary Update, comes with proactive changes and many exciting Windows features. Tech enthusiasts can speed it up by optimizing disk read/ write performance, terminate background tasks and services, and adjust performance options.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Defrag your Hard Disk
Your hard disk stores data in different places around the platter. Writing of the data to non-continuous blocks, sectorial subdivisions of a track, results in fragmentation. Disk fragmentation is a term used to describe the additional efforts and time utilized for retrieving information stored on a hard disk. The process of defragmentation rearranges data in a sequential order. Therefore, it doesn’t take additional time to retrieve information from different parts of your hard disk. For optimum results, it is recommended to close all open programs and files while defragmenting your hard disk.
- Type Optimize in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
- Open Defragment and Optimize Drives from the Search Results.
- It opens a new program called Optimize Drives.
- Select all listed drives, click Analyze all.
- After the hard disk is analyzed and a report is showed, click Optimize All.
Services are the components extensively used for silently performing tasks in the background. It includes periodic backups, automatic update check-ups, Antivirus real-time protection, and so on.
In many cases when you’re pretty sure services are slowing down your PC, you can disable them from running at the Windows boot interval. Disabling services is as simple as terminating processes through Task Manager.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type Services.msc
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down the page. Right-click a service you’d like to terminate. Select the Stop option.
- To disable a service from running at the boot interval, right-click it, select Properties. Select the Disabled option from the Startup type drop-down box. Click Apply, and then OK.
Tweak System Settings
Experience considerable performance improvements by customizing your performance settings in best possible manner.
- Right-click This PC icon on the Desktop.
- Select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Settings (Performance).
- Click Visual Effects tab.
- Select the Custom option.
- Uncheck the visual effects you do not need.
- Click OK twice.