WinZip uses smart algorithms to reduce the size of original large files. It is very useful when you’re looking to cap out several GBs of data in a zip file to upload to the cloud or email it to your friends or colleagues. Things may go wrong with the file compressing, encryption and backup program, WinZip. The program tends to crash while opening, compressing, extracting or emailing the files.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Unblock the File
When you download a compressed/ zipped file from the Internet, Windows blocks it automatically as a security measure. Windows blocks the file to avoid execution of potentially unsafe content stored in the compressed file, for example, Executable Files (.exe) and Batch Files (.bat). If your WinZip crashes while loading or extracting contents of a particular compressed/ zip file, unblock it as follows:
- Right-click the file you’re attempting to open/ extract using WinZip.
- Select Properties.
- Uncheck the box named Unblock.
- If the file is read-only, uncheck the Read-only box.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
Delete Most Recently Accessed Files List
WinZip stores user activity in the form of Registry entries. Your computer saves information about most recently accessed files in current user section of your Registry. When the information becomes corrupt, it results into application crashes.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type RegEdit
- Press ENTER.
- Locate the following subkey:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER | SOFTWARE | Nico Mak Computing | WinZip
- Right-click MRU subkey, select Delete
- Exit Registry Editor, and restart your computer.
Run the Program in Compatibility Mode
The Compatibility Mode feature is used to run programs designed for an older version of Windows. When the program prevents you from using some modern features in Windows, Compatibility Troubleshooter is useful.
- Click File Explorer icon on Taskbar.
- Open the following directory:
- C:\Program Files\WinZip\
- Right-click the file named wzsepe32.exe, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box named Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select an earlier Windows version.
- Click Apply | OK.
You may experience WinZip crashes if some of the program components are corrupt or the installation was not successful. You might want to uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Press Windows Key.
- Click the Settings
- Click System.
- Click Apps & Features.
- Scroll down the list in the right panel.
- Right-click WinZip.
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the removal wizard and reboot.
- Download WinZip and install it.